Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Spigot Rings for Wheels?

Anything related to bodykits, wheels lights & other exterior things, post here
RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Spigot Rings for Wheels?

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:20 pm

Just wondered if anyone knows much about spigot rings please? I thought I did but got a bit of an issue with my RX8 wheels that I want to put on the Altezza. I'll try not to confuse anyone with all the numbers cos I even have trouble remembering all the measurements! Apologies in advance for the long explanation! LOL

The key measurements up front are:
Altezza hub centres = 60.1mm
MY RX8 wheels centre bore = 71.6mm

I got the RX8 wheels off ebay and despite all the info online saying that the centre bore should be 67.1mm, the wheels I have measure 71.6mm ID on the centre bore. I don't know if these wheels were different for some reason from Mazda or if they are copies or if they have been bored out bigger to fit something else in the past etc. The fact is that they are 71.6mm ID and the centre bore is straight sided NOT chamfered in any way.

So I went on ebay and asked a few companies selling spigot rings (just to check) and then bought some which were labelled up as 71.6mm OD and 60.1mm ID (they are hard plastic ones). They turned up and sure enough they are stamped with the correct sizes on them. My main issue is that although the main part of the ring is the correct sizes and they fit snuggly into my wheels, they also have a chamfered section further up the rings which goes from the 76.1mm OD to about 82mm diameter overall. this chamfered section is about 5mm deep. So because my centre bore is straight sided, the rings fit inperfectly until they get to the chamfered section which is too big to fit in! This means that they don't sit flush to the inner face of the wheel where they will bolt up to the hubs! I very much doubt that it will squash up that 5mm bit! So either i need different rings with no chamfer or I need to somehow shave/turn the chamfered section off of all the rings!

Here's some pictures (as I've already said a thousand words! LOL):

The wheels (look legit and two had Mazda centre caps)

Centre measurement

Altezza hub Measurement

Spigot ring in

and sitting proud cos of the chamfered section that goes bigger than 71.6mm (about 82mm OD)

Can anyone advise me of what I need or if I'm being stupid or have got the wrong rings etc please?

Cheers :)

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Re: Spigot Rings for Wheels?

Postby Tosh21 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:14 pm

There some funny ass spigot rings. I'd say you've got the wrong ones. I'm running some and they are flat all round. Just have a look on egay for the right rings

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:26 pm

Really?! Ive only been able to find the chamfered ones! Have you got a photo or a ebay number for the ones you got please?

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:48 am

mine came with the wheels so I dunno where youd get them. I'll take a pic of em tonight

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:18 pm

Cheers mate :)

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:50 pm

Mine look like these ones, the chamfer is real small.

http://www.japshop.co.uk/acatalog/M12-1 ... RINGS.html

Not sure why there is a difference, must be a reason some of them have huge chamfers

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:38 am

Hmmmm that's interesting - cheers mate.

I spoke to Dad at weekend and he reckons we can hold them in the lathe by using the internal chuck on inside so I can turn down the outside chamfer so will have a go at that soon so they fit nice and flush ;)

Return to “Visual & Exterior section”