Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Ordering HID Dip Kit from visionbulbs is it H4?

Anything related to bodykits, wheels lights & other exterior things, post here
Tezzy
Tezza Fanatic!

HID troubles

Postby Tezzy » Mon May 12, 2008 1:08 pm

what could potentially be wrong if my drivers side dip HID intermittently flickers for a minute or so then dies?

When it happens it always seems to be after driving for a bit when its well warmed up and will work again after switching off for a while.

Is it likely to be just a loose connection or is some component on the way out?

Noel

Postby Noel » Mon May 12, 2008 1:12 pm

swap the left and right bulbs around... then if it happens again it's probably the ballast, but if the problems moves with the bulb then it's gotta be the bulb...

no harm in making sure all connectors are clean and secure first though :wink:

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Mon May 12, 2008 3:07 pm

just admit that you were wrong and he'll forgive you ....

It ok Noel I have "Forgiven Him" :lol: :lol:

dlocko
Altezza Guru

Postby dlocko » Fri May 30, 2008 10:26 am

Richie_c wrote:I just installed these today and have to say they're perfect. Light is brilliant and I will be ordering the high beams soon. Its a cheap solution but hey if they last happy days :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/HID-Xenon-Conversio ... dZViewItem

just a word of warning you dont want hid high beams mate,they arent instant like halogen beams.if i flick them on they take a while to warm up as you probably know.also they will blind the f*ck out of other drivers because there is no cut off :shock:

Noel

Postby Noel » Fri May 30, 2008 10:42 am

dlocko wrote:
Richie_c wrote:I just installed these today and have to say they're perfect. Light is brilliant and I will be ordering the high beams soon. Its a cheap solution but hey if they last happy days :D

just a word of warning you dont want hid high beams mate,they arent instant like halogen beams.if i flick them on they take a while to warm up as you probably know.also they will blind the f*ck out of other drivers because there is no cut off :shock:

but your supposed to dip for other drivers... :lol:

doesn't really matter that they take a few secs to get to full brightness as the HIDs in the dips is already doing enough.... :wink:

Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Postby Richie_c » Fri May 30, 2008 11:25 am

Noel wrote:
dlocko wrote:

but your supposed to dip for other drivers... :lol:

doesn't really matter that they take a few secs to get to full brightness as the HIDs in the dips is already doing enough.... :wink:

Exacerly :D
300 rwhp thanks to

Return to “Visual & Exterior section”