Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

trd grill

Anything related to bodykits, wheels lights & other exterior things, post here
possel
Tezza Fanatic!

trd grill

Postby possel » Sat May 11, 2013 10:48 am

ok so i brought a altezza grill badge the other day as when i got the car it didnt have 1, took my grill of and under the paint thats flaking off is carbon fiber, im assuming this is the trd grill. whats the best way to get all the paint of without ruining the carbon fiber underneath?

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Re: trd grill

Postby mike_01 » Sat May 11, 2013 11:00 am

Trd didn't do carbon fibre as I'm aware of anyway, the only way to get paint off is either using your nail and peel it off if it's loose enough or flat the paint off using fine 1200 wet and dry will take some time then when paint is off go to a 2000-3000 grade and then just polish it back up again :wink:

possel
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: trd grill

Postby possel » Sat May 11, 2013 11:13 am

mike_01 wrote:Trd didn't do carbon fibre as I'm aware of anyway, the only way to get paint off is either using your nail and peel it off if it's loose enough or flat the paint off using fine 1200 wet and dry will take some time then when paint is off go to a 2000-3000 grade and then just polish it back up again :wink:

i dont think its proper carbon fiber just the carbon "look" lol

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread. ... ezza-grill

not mine, just a picture

looks like im going to be busy for a few hours then! cheers

Return to “Visual & Exterior section”