Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Front standard fog installation

Anything related to bodykits, wheels lights & other exterior things, post here
Bugsyt
Noob!

Front standard fog installation

Postby Bugsyt » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:26 pm

Hi lads,
I'm looking for a bit of help with the standard fogs on my tezza. It was factory shipped without them it just had 2 plastic blank guards in the bumper instead and no fog switch on the indicator stalk. I've managed to get one with the fog switch and a set of lights and wires for the bumper. after installing the fog light indicator switch and turning it on, I'm not getting any juice to the wires to power up the lights. I cant seem to figure out what the problem is and if someone could point me in the right direction that be excellent.
Thanks chaps :-)

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Re: Front standard fog installation

Postby mlcoolj » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:39 am

I don't know if there is one for the front fogs, but did you check to see if you need a fuse in there?

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:14 am

or relay :wink:
you checked to see if there is power going to the switch?
thought all tezzas come with front fog lights
I know the rear are optional

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:18 am

oh yeah.. relay.. of course! I thought so too about the front fogs, but this is a surprise haha

Bugsyt
Noob!

Postby Bugsyt » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:48 pm

ya i taught they all came with fogs until i bought this 03 one. I've got the 15amp down in the passenger footwell and it states its for the fogs but dunno why they put the fuse in if it never had fogs. As for the relay, i'm presuming its there seems how they put the fuse in anyway. any idea on where i can find this relay lads and ill see if its there?

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:50 pm

I dunno which one it is, but when I turn on my fogs I hear it click to the right down there in the drivers footwell...

Bugsyt
Noob!

Postby Bugsyt » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:56 pm

thanks lads.
i've been happy enough without them the blank plates didn't look to bad but seems how i managed to get them cheap i couldn't help it.
i'll go out with the multimeter now and check the drivers side, see if i can shed a bit of light on the situation. no pun intended :D

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:06 pm

normally the fuses are all there, mine were for the heated seats just needed the switches, the only thing is normally the relay are missing 90% of the time garanteed as they cost more, fuses are cheaper and normally in an easier place to get to than relays and so are only put where needed

not sure where it is though but if you got power and can't hear a click then you ain't got a relay
not sure if this will help you, only diagram I could find with the fog light circuit
ftp://80.252.154.251/comps_arch/asusW6f ... i_0456.pdf

Bugsyt
Noob!

Postby Bugsyt » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:11 pm

Ok i managed to find the relay location which was behind the passenger side fuse box (2x 10mm bolts remove and it comes loose) and it didn't have a relay in it. So I borrowed the relay from the heated mirrors which is the same according to http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_2001_L ... 401.3.html and tried it but still no juice. i'm starting to think there might be a bit more work than just swapping the indicator stalk. while i was removing the fuse box i noticed i've a tapped block connector that wasn't plugged into anything on the board and i think maybe their could be a block from the fog switch that needs to be plugged into the fuse board to get the power i'm after. Seem's a bit strange that theres this much involved just to get these damn things to work when all the wires are there for them in the bumper i presumed it would be as simple as adding the lights and fog switch..
anyone any ideas or am i just gonna have to burn the tezza to the ground for annoying me?? :lol:

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:22 pm

Burn it :lol:

no might be one wire for a feed then which is needed, try running a wire or if you got the power up tool to do it and work from the fog lights back, so atleast you know the fogs work, and then just work back till you find the problem, bit of an arse I know :lol:

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:35 pm

you can do it... :lol:

Bugsyt
Noob!

Postby Bugsyt » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:29 pm

Ok I have an update about my quest. So far the fogs are still not working and I might have caused a bit more work now because I've now got no lights on my dash or any tail lights or front side lights. Headlights are working on hi and low, brake lights work and so do the indicators. I've tried to get them working again I checked the tail light relay and a couple of fuses I taught would have been blown like the gauge fuse and the tail fuse but there not. I'm given up on the fogs but I need the tails to work for legal reasons sort of obvious. Anybody have any ideas or is there a fuse I should have a look at ? :evil:

Bugsyt
Noob!

Postby Bugsyt » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:39 am

Any1??

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:10 am

Did you check the bulbs themselves? I ask because I had a similar problem, where the bulbs went after me changing the front foglamps...
Last edited by mlcoolj on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

IanS200
Trc On!

Postby IanS200 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:43 am

Sounds like a fuse as all those are on the same circuit, have you checked both fuseboxes in footwells and the one near battery under bonnet?

Return to “Visual & Exterior section”