Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Rear speakers acting funny...

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
pyro3113
Noob!

Rear speakers acting funny...

Postby pyro3113 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:54 pm

Hi guys, wonder if anyone can shed some light on this situation for me... My car when I first bought it didnt have a stereo so I had a local audio electronics store install a cheap Pioneer HU and everything worked perfect. Then treated myself to some brand new Alpine Type R components but so far have only gotten the rears done (procrastination has gotten the better of me) and everything was all even better than perfect (if that's possible lol) until i had a light touch from an a**hole who hit and run and the car went into the shop for a month... when i got the car back i noticed the rear speakers crackled a bit and so i turned it up to try to figure out wut it could be. then everything went silent! :shock:
after a little while a friend and me took a look and disconnected the harness which seems to be the leads to the rear speakers from the HU and the front speakers played fine!!! but plug that harness back in and everything is silent again. every now and then if i plug in the harness all works fine until i turn up the sound... then poof... out again... im really thinking this has something to do with the HU to be honest but if anyone else has any ideas please let me know! really want to take the car back to the shop and make THEM sort it out tho!!! :evil:

markrs200
Limerick Rep

Postby markrs200 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:56 pm

take out your back seat and cheak your wires it sounds like a nicked wire or something :)
02 rs200.full trd kit, 18 inch ultralite gt2,toms spoiler,cusco H braces front and rear,cusco front strut brace,stoptect front discs&pads,full hks exhaust& decat,hks pannel filter,ngk irridiumplugs,hid kit ,toms eye brows,jdm front lights with angel eyes,trd decals on doors,leather interior,apexi rsm,lg dvd,sat nav,trd fioor mats ,fast road clutch +lightened flywheel lowerned 40mm,falcon evo 4+ alarm trd rad +oil cap Cusco front & rear arb's 201.6 bhp+211 torque

pyro3113
Noob!

Postby pyro3113 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:33 pm

well i just took down the HU and pulled the fuse and reseated all connectors and everything properly and all is working good now! but i think my rear 6x9's are either done or there's dust on the cones cuz they crackle quiiiiite a lot... so will have to take down the back seat and clean everything up back there. u kno wut? the people at the body shop stole the nuts for the bolts that hold the back speakers in!!!!! :shock: :evil: they're nuts... i dont know if i'd want to take my car back to them again...

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”