Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Dial insert

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
caltezza
Trc On!

Dial insert

Postby caltezza » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:56 pm

Has anyone got any pics of them removing the altezza dial cluster and putting an insert in the centre dial? I have a template ready for it but i don't want to disturb the needles and throw the calibration out

Thanks

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Re: Dial insert

Postby mike_01 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:58 pm

Didn't know they did them for the altezza's just had to learn the conversion from km to mph :lol:
most of them or should I say the more expensive one's like lockwood ones have split's in them to allow you to install them without removing the needle also some I've seen have a bigger hole or something so you work them along and down the needle into place withoug removing hth :wink:

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:04 pm

The guys on Altezza clubs custom made their own,

Directions for fitting
The needle pulls directly off, yes. BUT when replacing, do not push needle on too hard, the needle should naturally return to zero no matter where you have it, if you push too hard (like I found out) the needle will stick and you won't be able to tell what speed you are doing accurately.

mokh
Noob!

Postby mokh » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:29 pm

wow..this is cool.
can share the template?

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:24 pm

mokh wrote:wow..this is cool.
can share the template?

I'd say he wouldn't want to share his template, but he done them cheap. So if there was enough interest you could get ask him to make some more. (I got 2 for NZ$30)

And then again you could always just measure up the size of your own cluster and make a design and get a company to make them up for you/do a group buy for this club.

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”