ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

Navigation system

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
tezza06
Noob!

Navigation system

Postby tezza06 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:09 pm

Hey all my bro in law gt an altezza frm japan on saturday bu he dnt knw ow to use a pc as well as me so i thought i wud find out for him!!

the car has the built in sat nav in the top of the dash but everything is in japanese any1 knw where i can get a cd for the irish version??!

also hav a problem with the stereo the fm radio only goes from 70fm to 90fm so cant even get 2fm on it!!

would appreciate any help

feeler
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby feeler » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:27 pm

use the search on sat nav. but there's no real way of gettin it workin here.

Gerbo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Gerbo » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:03 am

You will not get the sat nav to work here. You can use the screen for a playstation or dvd player though.

As regards the radio, you need to get a band expander from ebay to get the irish stations.

Band expander:
http://cgi.ebay.ie/RADIO-BAND-EXPANDER-ALL-JAPANESE-CARS-UK-USA_W0QQitemZ120190229182QQihZ002QQcategoryZ1498QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Failing that, fit an aftermarket cd/dvdplayer and get rid of the stock unit.

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:37 am

Theres a fella in england that can replace the jap unit with one for europe but it costs big money, and you can't use that screen for DVD/playstation because the screen isn't good enuf, to you have to replace that one if you want to use it...

You need to buy a band expander and something else to boost the signal not sure what its called to get irish radio stations
Kerry Rep

Gerbo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Gerbo » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:18 pm

Why do you need something to boost the signal. There is a signal amplifier already in the altezza it just need a 12volt feed.

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:17 pm

Don't ask me i didn't do it, don't use the radio, but my mate needed to get some sort of signal booster, you can get today fm off channel 2 on the tv! and sometimes i get redfm eswell off the tv
Kerry Rep

wee_dave
Trc Off

Postby wee_dave » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:56 pm

Gerbo wrote:You will not get the sat nav to work here. You can use the screen for a playstation or dvd player though.

Can u get DVD's to work in it without fitting an aftermarket stereo unit no?

Also is there anyway to pick up TV channels on it 8) :?: Iv fitted a band expander and i can pick up UK radio stations now, its still only displays them within 70-90fm but they work fine :)

Noel

Postby Noel » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:15 pm

wee_dave wrote:
Gerbo wrote:You will not get the sat nav to work here. You can use the screen for a playstation or dvd player though.

Can u get DVD's to work in it without fitting an aftermarket stereo unit no?

Also is there anyway to pick up TV channels on it 8) :?: Iv fitted a band expander and i can pick up UK radio stations now, its still only displays them within 70-90fm but they work fine :)

The was a post over on the LOC about this very idea.... a new system now allows UK sat nav to be used with different inputs... |DVD, reversing camera etc :wink:

I have asked the thread starter will it work on jap based systems... will get back if he replies :)

wee_dave
Trc Off

Postby wee_dave » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:23 pm

Nice1, cheers mate, ill have a sniff around when i have more time, i registered on LOC when i 1st bought my Tezz but iv never really posted on it

Noel

Postby Noel » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:56 pm

alimac
Trc Off

Postby alimac » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:46 am

MOre info on this on the New Zealand forums. http://forum.altezzaclub.org.au/index.php?
98 RS200z 6MT

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”