Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Converting Seat Frames or Controls???

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
raffo
Altezza Guru

Converting Seat Frames or Controls???

Postby raffo » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:19 am

Does anyone know if it is possible to swap over the 2 front seats but keep the rails and mechanisms in the car? What i mean is, I have the 2 electric front seats but i've found seats i want but they are manual...............Is it possible to take the frames apart so i can re-mount manual seats on electric set up? ? :? :?

If anyone can follow what i've just wrote then 1. fair play, and 2 info welcomed :)

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Re: Converting Seat Frames or Controls???

Postby Soiled » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:17 pm

The rails should be held on by only bolts so you could remove the rails and put them on to your new seats and try see if the holes line up? If not, cut and weld the mounting points of the new seats on to the old seat rails. Anything can be done just a matter of time and effort or money.

The only way to be sure is to pull out your old ones and have a look side by side.

*edit* Then again I can't remember what the factory Altezza seats are like underneath only my Recaros on Bride rails... but do remember my flatmate setting them on fire a couple times trying to weld them on to his seat rails for his Datsun so it may be a pain in the ass haha.

raffo
Altezza Guru

Re: Converting Seat Frames or Controls???

Postby raffo » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:58 pm

Thanks for the reply,
The new seats are coming out of a Tez too so they will fit it's just that they are manual and my own are electric. So want to know if the manual seats, as in back and base, can be disassembled from their frames and reassembled on the elec frame.......

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”