Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

amp power cable

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
shakey
Altezza Guru

amp power cable

Postby shakey » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:47 pm

quick question,
how the hell do i run a power cable to the boot to the amps.
i tried a few ways and no can do :evil:

thanks
steve

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:00 pm

Sorry Steve just thought i'd start a new thread for ya from here. So i ran the power cable down the passenger side of the car if you look in the engine bay, take out the battery and you will see a bunch of wiring going through the firewall into the car, you need to make a tiny hole in the rubber and feed the cable through into the car. If you then take off the passenger side kick panel, you should see the cable there.

Pull the cable through into the car. Take off the foot plate and run the cable on top of the wiring loom you should see that runs all the way into the boot.

To get the wire into the boot, if you pull forward the back of the rear seat a bit you will see a whole going into the boot, feed the cable through this.

Then open up your boot, remove the boot liner on the passenger side and you should see your cable. then connect to your amp!. There should be small silver cargo hooks, you can use one of these points for your grounding. i can take some pics if you want. if there anything your not sure about let me know :wink:

shakey
Altezza Guru

Postby shakey » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:16 pm

all back seats removed so that 1 thing outta the way...does the battery have to b removed???

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:17 pm

no its just save your knuckles etc which are probably black and blue already from getting the amp bypass lead in!!

shakey
Altezza Guru

Postby shakey » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:47 pm

haha true and not to touch the rachet off the boby when tighting the postivite battery cable....plenty of sparks haha....

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:02 pm

I blew two amps before by touching the live off the ground wire. Not good

shakey
Altezza Guru

Postby shakey » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:05 pm

well power cable is in now thanks to dan 8)

@endapender: just sparked when i woz tighting the postivite on the battery rachet touched the body work...subs etc not in yet have alot of tidying of wires etc

@dan: sorry bout that i put it in how to didnt see the ice mods section

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:30 pm

No bother Shakey, i have to re-do the wiring on my amps too, i have a seperate power cable for each amp and seperate earthing point, when i should really just have one power and one earth in the boot. I have a capacitor for sale if you interested, never got around to using it,

shakey
Altezza Guru

Postby shakey » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:42 pm

wat that look like???
u can get an adapter that u wire into it on one side and u can bring 2 power cables out on the other side would b hand for you...will be doing that myself when i get round to doin that part of the car

roberte
Trc Off

Audio cables

Postby roberte » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:18 pm

Hi,
What was the best way you found to run the other cables to the boot? i.e. Audio and control lines from headunit to amp, speaker cables from amp to front speakers?

In other cars I've put them straight down the middle under the carpet, but they didn't have the driveshaft "hump."

R.

Moe
Trc Off

Postby Moe » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:33 pm

@endapender: just sparked when i woz tighting the postivite on the battery rachet touched the body work...subs etc not in yet have alot of tidying of wires etc

Shakey, if you remove the earth terminal first when disconnecting the battery , and fit it after you've connected the posi, you won't get zapped :wink:

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”