Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Double Din Head Unit???

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
Shockraiser
Tezza Fanatic!

Double Din Head Unit???

Postby Shockraiser » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:08 am

Hey Guys,

Im just looking for some info & opinions here...I want to change my original head unit because I got the dreaded err3 Code :evil:

Im looking for a good quality Double Din Head unit...any Ideas???

Do I have to change anything to fit the Double Din e.g Wiring, Fittings etc.

What type of fascia do i need for the double din head unit ???

Any info would be great guys :D :D :D

"Drifting is the Art of being in Control while Out of Control"

m_0_m_0
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: Double Din Head Unit???

Postby m_0_m_0 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:25 am

hi mate,

i changed mine to a single din after market pioneer dvd, all i needed was the audio loom to change from stock to fit aftermarket head unit. the lexus is 200 one fits fine, youve got to note that mine had no built in amp so it was fairly simple, if your tezz has got a built in amp you will have to also buy a amp bypass lead i think to bypass the stock amp. shouldt be too expensive i dont think.

if yours has an amp its normally located behin the glove box on the left hand side, you'll be able to see it if you drop the box down.

sorry i cant be more helpful mines was a simple job really.

hope it helps tho

Shockraiser
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Shockraiser » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:51 am

m_0_m_0 wrote:hi mate,

i changed mine to a single din after market pioneer dvd, all i needed was the audio loom to change from stock to fit aftermarket head unit. the lexus is 200 one fits fine, youve got to note that mine had no built in amp so it was fairly simple, if your tezz has got a built in amp you will have to also buy a amp bypass lead i think to bypass the stock amp. shouldt be too expensive i dont think.

if yours has an amp its normally located behin the glove box on the left hand side, you'll be able to see it if you drop the box down.

sorry i cant be more helpful mines was a simple job really.

hope it helps tho

Im pretty sure mine has a built in amp alright mate so ill have to get the bypass lead :roll: :roll:
When you say audio loom do you mean change from jap to euro wiring connectors???

m_0_m_0
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby m_0_m_0 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:00 pm

wiring loom as it normal change from stock wiring to aftermarket, as with most cars, leads that halfrauds do that convert the stock set up for after market use if that makes sense.

Shockraiser
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Shockraiser » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:59 am

m_0_m_0 wrote:wiring loom as it normal change from stock wiring to aftermarket, as with most cars, leads that halfrauds do that convert the stock set up for after market use if that makes sense.

Ya i think I get ya ha :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Shockraiser
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Shockraiser » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:49 am

Ok Guys,

I got myself a Pioneer Double Din AVHP4300DVD Head unit & I got my Fascia from Nick & I also got an Amp Bypass Lead from Connects2.com...Im looking for some advise :roll: :roll:

I'd like to have a go of Fitting it myself but id be very Sketchy about it to be honest :oops:
Would I be better off to get someone who knows there stuff about fitting & wiring these type of head units???

Anybody here has any TASTY wiring Talents ?? :lol: :lol:

m_0_m_0
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby m_0_m_0 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:03 pm

hi mate,

i didnt have the issue of a bypass lead fortunately so i did mine myself, plug and play really so was easy, am sure it cant be too hard, the lead does all the hard work for ya am sure its plug and play but someone whose done similar will prob shed more light then me. i found it harder to get to removing the centre console coz i used the existing bracket to mount my headunit :) secure no wobble or disc skipping :)

good luck

Shockraiser
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Shockraiser » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:54 am

Just an update guys...I finally fitted my Pioneer Head Unit Yesterday & after about 4 hours of Hard & Annoying Labour it came to life :D AMAZING :shock: :shock: The Sheer Look of it and the fascia that surrounds it is Perfect thanks to nick, the Sound Quality, the Ipod Connection, DVD Quality and Extras it a well Recommended Purchase from me anyway.

I have to admit it took a bit of work to Bypass the amp & Handbrake Saftey wire and Connect the two Looms together but it was all well worth it...Ill upload Pics of the finished Product Soon, unfortunatley I was a little occupied and surrounded with wires and bits of trim to take any pics of the work progress but I did a Tasty Tidy job if I do say so myself :wink: :wink:

m_0_m_0
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby m_0_m_0 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:15 pm

well played, sounds like a job well done, kinda like myself when working too busy to take pics and then wehn i finish its like DOH!!! but get some pics up matey

choopz
Altezza Guru

Postby choopz » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:32 pm

Any pic's of your new HU?
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:35 pm

You know the way you bypassed the amplifier system, is there any way of incorporating that into the new head unit or is it not possible? just wondering cos i'm gettin sick of the stereo and not have a radio and thinkin of gettin a double din in the summer to throw into the car
Kerry Rep

Shockraiser
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Shockraiser » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:43 am

Mr. Tezza wrote:You know the way you bypassed the amplifier system, is there any way of incorporating that into the new head unit or is it not possible? just wondering cos i'm gettin sick of the stereo and not have a radio and thinkin of gettin a double din in the summer to throw into the car

For Some Reason if Installing an aftermarket head unit you have no choice but to bypass the original External amp because if you just wire up your new head unit loom to the existing wiring without touching the amp your rear Speakers will not Work :roll: :roll:

I think it might be because either 1: There is an amp built into most aftermarket head units so the two amps wont function together....
Or 2: The External Amp is an Original Toyota Part that was Designed for the Standard Head Unit about 12 to 13 years ago & just is not recognised properly by newer Units....

Shockraiser
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Shockraiser » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:12 am

Some Pics of my Finished Product 8) 8) 8)

The Picture Quality is not great :oops: But I think you have the Idea :lol:

raffo
Altezza Guru

Postby raffo » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:01 am

Looks great!! Any info on the bypassing? Not sure if my own has a built in amp but would like to know how to bypass it incase it does, looking aroud for a double din too

choopz
Altezza Guru

Postby choopz » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:59 am

Very nice, good job buddy :wink:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”