Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Modellista head unit

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
FT2DFLR
Tezza Fanatic!

Modellista head unit

Postby FT2DFLR » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:27 pm

Hi All

hope someone can point me in the right direction, My tezza had no head unit in it when i bought it, the guy i bought it from was to put a head unit from another altezza in it, but when he tried it wouldn't fit (he tried a couple seems to be different connectors at the back of mine than there are in the back of the others). he ended up giving me a new system but its not great and doesn't fit properly. so i would like to swap it out with one that does. The dash in the car has modellista writen on it and the surround for the head unit is silver as are other parts of the dash as you can see from the pic below. i presume this is a certain spec that the car comes with but does anyone know what head unit should come with it or where i could get one to fit nicely.

Also anyone know where i'd get a dash tray or blanking panel for the sat nav as mine was lifted with the stereo

Later

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:17 pm

What year is yours?

Noel

Postby Noel » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:21 pm

Modellista headunits are sought after and thats why it was missing... :wink:

think you'll need a genuine one, otherwise the lights on the surround may not work

FT2DFLR
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby FT2DFLR » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:29 pm

it's a 2002

if i need a genuine one where would i get one\start looking

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:03 pm

actually i remember now the wiring for the HU changed from 2001 onwards so any headunits pre 2001 one wont fit. as i mentioned over on the NZ site stick to the aftermarket setup as the only radio wont work on the modelista hu and wont play mp3's and makes it more difficult to connect up extra amps or subs

It looks a lot better with a matching facia:

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”