ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

HELP : new head unit problem.

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
Altezzahead
Cork rep

HELP : new head unit problem.

Postby Altezzahead » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:01 pm

Alright people , I installed a dvd player unit and didnt use any iso harness as the player is fitted with a standard ISO connector , Everytime the unit is turned on a get a warning which is displayed in the picture below. Would anyone have any idea what i could have done wrong ?
Attachments
din.JPG
din.JPG (75.42 KiB) Viewed 1327 times

patk
Altezza Guru

Re: HELP : new head unit problem.

Postby patk » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:47 pm

phone markrs200. he'll know. ill pm his number.

donut46
Meath Rep

Postby donut46 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:55 pm

the dvd player has a wire that has to be connected to the handbrake wire to stop people watching it while driving but it can be overrided by just earthing it... i think its a yellow wire lad it should be marked seperate from the rest of the wires try that see if thats the problem!!!
QUALITAT ALTEZZA

Please Support Your Club
viewtopic.php?t=8309&f=2

TezzaWorld Car Stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724&hilit=stickers

todd
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby todd » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:24 pm

donut46 wrote:i think its a yellow wire lad it should be marked seperate from the rest of the wires try that see if thats the problem!!!

Bet it's pink ;)

My head unit looks much the same as yours, just earthed the pink and job done but RTFM just to check :lol:

todd
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby todd » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:31 pm

Defo pink

Taken from product page here http://www.eonon.com/One-Din-Monitor-bu ... E1015.html

donut46
Meath Rep

Postby donut46 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:44 pm

i just checked the old jvc manual i had from my old one there kinda pinky colour too.... i dont think there is a screen ive seen connected with that hasnt been earthed :lol:
QUALITAT ALTEZZA

Please Support Your Club
viewtopic.php?t=8309&f=2

TezzaWorld Car Stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724&hilit=stickers

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Ya like the lads said its just a earthing problem...P.s it looks good :wink:
How are you finding the radio stations??

patk
Altezza Guru

Postby patk » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:26 pm

its distracting at times. my doubledin has a function if u hold mute button the display disappears which is good at night. had problems at start with signal but undid the autoseek function and its been fine since. couldnt hold a signal before but perfect now(cheers mark, im a moron when it comes to headunits!)

Altezzahead
Cork rep

Postby Altezzahead » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:31 pm

thanks to all for yer help , its the pink wire alright , just one question and at the risk of sounding green but how do i earth the wire or is it a case of just taping the wire to some part of the body , i dont really want to go looking for the handbrake wire ...im lazy 8) ?

todd
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby todd » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:04 pm

I just used the locating hole at the top right, where you screw the air controls back in, that make sense?

podgie
Altezza Guru

Postby podgie » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:08 pm

Altezzahead wrote:thanks to all for yer help , its the pink wire alright , just one question and at the risk of sounding green but how do i earth the wire or is it a case of just taping the wire to some part of the body , i dont really want to go looking for the handbrake wire ...im lazy 8) ?

pull some of the plastic off rap round a nut and bolt and put in one of the metals hole in the car frame beside the cd player and bolt it up and put a bit of tape over it to cover the nut from touching the cd player,
bubbstezza wrote:i can be a good lookin girl..............sometimes :lol:

^^^^
ya heard it here first,, bubbstezza like dressing up as a women

ADC Sligo Rep

join

www.afterdarkcruisers.com

Altezzahead
Cork rep

Postby Altezzahead » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:46 pm

todd wrote:I just used the locating hole at the top right, where you screw the air controls back in, that make sense?

thats exactly where i tried it and it works perfectly . all sorted now :) thanks

podgie wrote:
Altezzahead wrote:thanks to all for yer help , its the pink wire alright , just one question and at the risk of sounding green but how do i earth the wire or is it a case of just taping the wire to some part of the body , i dont really want to go looking for the handbrake wire ...im lazy 8) ?

pull some of the plastic off rap round a nut and bolt and put in one of the metals hole in the car frame beside the cd player and bolt it up and put a bit of tape over it to cover the nut from touching the cd player,

Thanks for the tip , will go back and stick a bi of insulation tape to be safe .

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”