Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Removing Head Unit

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
kenny
Trc Off

Removing Head Unit

Postby kenny » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:01 am

I need to take out my head unit so i can connect my Ipod interface, how would I tackle this? Thanks in advance

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:44 am

I presume its a standard head unit so yea...

Let me think.... ur gonna have to undo the bolts at the top of the headunit anyway they are under a plastic cover, also think you have to remove the plastic where the TRC and SNOW buttons are, the whole dash unit comes out as one piece so you gotta try and find where all the bolts are its easy enuf really just make sure you don't scratch the plastic around the centre console area like i did :cry:
Kerry Rep

kenny
Trc Off

Postby kenny » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:08 am

Mr. Tezza wrote:I presume its a standard head unit so yea...

Let me think.... ur gonna have to undo the bolts at the top of the headunit anyway they are under a plastic cover, also think you have to remove the plastic where the TRC and SNOW buttons are, the whole dash unit comes out as one piece so you gotta try and find where all the bolts are its easy enuf really just make sure you don't scratch the plastic around the centre console area like i did :cry:

No not a standard head unit, Kenwood double din

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:27 am

should be the same way to remove the Kenwood. 4 bolts, 2 at the top, 2 at the bottom. If you have the sat nav screen, you have to pop the plastic cover off that to reveal to screws then lift it out and up and it will reveal 2 bolts. The other 2 bolts are behind the TRC bit, which just needs a good pull towards you.

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:41 pm

Dan wrote:should be the same way to remove the Kenwood. 4 bolts, 2 at the top, 2 at the bottom. If you have the sat nav screen, you have to pop the plastic cover off that to reveal to screws then lift it out and up and it will reveal 2 bolts. The other 2 bolts are behind the TRC bit, which just needs a good pull towards you.

What he said...
Kerry Rep

kenny
Trc Off

Postby kenny » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:33 am

All sorted cheers lads

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”