Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

bulbs

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
skuzzy
Galway Rep

bulbs

Postby skuzzy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:04 pm

any of you know the codes or models of the bulbs for the heater, aircon controls, clock and trc/snow button
GALWAY REP

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:53 pm

not sure , i think they are very small ones, probably better off trying to take one out and look at it. Are they all gone or you just want to change the colour of them?

skuzzy
Galway Rep

Postby skuzzy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:19 pm

wana change the colour of them but just having a bit of trouble trying to find out what kinda bulbs they are so that i order the right ones
GALWAY REP

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Only 1 half of my speedo was lighting when I got it, took it apart, I taught I had the bulbs for it but I didnt so I had go ones locally in a filling station white 501 park bulbs, but it was s@3! light at night time, so I had to but back in yellow ones, orange is what came out, theres 3 of them there 501 park bulbs....I was going 2 change the rest when I had them out but the local motor factors didnt have because you have to get holder & bulb. And if the centre console is anything like my old car no thanks wouldnt touch it it broke my heart with heater cables..not sure what the tezza like

Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Postby Richie_c » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:37 pm

One of the lads on LOC did it, cant remember who but its difficult. I wanted to change the lights as well so if you figure it out lets us know and maybe post some pics as well, cheers
300 rwhp thanks to

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:37 pm

different colour bulbs wont illuminate the panels for you the same as the standard ones. you will have to go down the LED route if you want to change the colours and keep the spread of light even, tried it on my speedo cluster turned out crap, bright patches on the rev counter and you couldnt see the rest. Been there tried them all, its not worth the hassle of taking things apart and soldering led bulbs into the boards.

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Postby moomoo » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:46 pm

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:26 pm

bought that , save your money that kit is a piece of crap and the seller is a prick.

Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Postby Richie_c » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:15 pm

Really, thanks for that update, I had it marked in my ebay and was gonna eventually buy it! Any suggestions for changing it then Dan, cause I really wanna get rid of the orange and go blue
300 rwhp thanks to

skuzzy
Galway Rep

Postby skuzzy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:36 pm

moomoo wrote:http://cgi.ebay.ie/BLUE-LED-DASH-KIT-LEXUS-IS-200-IS200-JDM-ALTEZZA-TRD_W0QQitemZ130229819615QQihZ003QQcategoryZ100915QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

These dont need to be soldered!!!

ya heard bad stuff bout that kit alrite. the dash bulbs are a standard size so its easy to get very good led replacement ones for them. its the one in the heater controllers that are going to be a bit of a prob
GALWAY REP

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:49 pm

problem is with the leds is the spread of light they give off. if you don't find the right ones you will be left with dark patches on your speedo cluster. I only know a few people that did it and they all went through a few speedo clusters and aircon controls before they got it right. the amount of money i wasted on them is crazy. leave it as is or spend a load of money trying different bulbs with different angles of light dispersion etc. If you want your lights blue you will have to do the all Richie as having just the cluster blue will look stupid

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”