Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

so who's the ice expert

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
thefridge
Tezza Fanatic!

so who's the ice expert

Postby thefridge » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:40 am

I have installed my sony headunit that i had lying around and there was already a panasonic 8 disc changer in the boot when i bought the car. The leads and everything were ran to the back of the radio. I got the power working but i'm not sure its compatible.(being panasonic with a sony headunit) only 1 lead won't fit the the circular one, is there some way i can get around this?????

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:23 am

doubt that sony/panasonic would be compatible without an adapter . cant make out anything from that picture, its too small. surely you new sony can play mp3's. cd-changers are nearly as old as cassette players at this stage!

Rob
Altezza Guru

Postby Rob » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:41 pm

In general, audio equipment manufacturers don't have standard interfaces, to try and encourage you to buy their own equipment. Even if you managed to get the audio pinouts, the control signalling would most likely be completely different.

R.

sockman
Noob!

sony to pana

Postby sockman » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:12 am

hey man the panasonic cd changer will only work with a panasonic headunit, same as if you had a sony one. with branded units they have to be the same brand both ends, plus depending on the age of the unit too.

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”