Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

What make of headunit

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
Richie_c
Altezza Guru

What make of headunit

Postby Richie_c » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:13 pm

Alright folks, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions/opinions on the different makes of headunit. Not buying now but probably will during the summer at some stage. Looking for something 7", single or double din doesnt matter, cd dvd, mp3 bluethooth and maybe satnav. I've been looking at both a clarion and a kenwood but want to check if anyone has any better suggestions
300 rwhp thanks to

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:59 pm

my Clarion!! Any of the Clarion/ Pioneer head units seem to be the best. Buy from UK though as Irish prices are un-real

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:46 pm

make sure you dont buy anything from the states on ebay, was told buy an auto elec that half of the FM band (not sure if he said odd or even channel numbers) wont work because its reserved for the emergency services over there. Now he may be wrong but he does do a lot of reading up on that kinda stuff so i wouldnt like to chance it, especially if you want a well spec'd headunit

Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Postby Richie_c » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:31 pm

I see, so stay away from the states then. Right O. Yeah I'll prob go through the UK but the way things are at the moment I'm lucky to be able to afford to put petrol in my car :(
300 rwhp thanks to

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”