Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Need help with identifying OBD2 connections on 3SGE BEAMS

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
styngray
Noob!

Need help with identifying OBD2 connections on 3SGE BEAMS

Postby styngray » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:50 pm

Hello. I have a manual 6-spd 3SGE BEAMS Blacktop from an Altezza. Now all i want is to attach an OBD2 port to it since The engine wiring loom did not have a DLC3 connector or wiring attached anywhere when it got picked up. So what i basically need help with is the connections of the OBD2, to and from the ECU or any other device. If anyone here has any diagrams or links which could help me with the connections to the port actually used on the Altezza or the Blacktop 3S BEAMS, that would be really great. Or if anyone could just be kind enough to look up for the DLC3 port connecttions on their own ALTEZZA (with 3sge beams) that would be great. I would also appreciate if it also includes the info about where the different pins attach on both OBD2 port and the ECU. And if there are any circuits or electrical components attached on the wires going to and from the ECU specially the TC and SIL wires. Sorry i know im asking for a bit too much as a newbie but im desparate atm. Also im sure it wont be that big a hassle for someone who owns an Altezza. Thanks in advance.

wenguin
Trc On!

Re: Need help with identifying OBD2 connections on 3SGE BEAMS

Postby wenguin » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:56 pm

Not many people will have the wiring to hand.

Also note that the Altezza's ECU isn't a "full" OBD2 implementation. It only reads some sensors and gives some diagnostic information (and requires a slight workaround using Torque and a customer initialisation string).

styngray
Noob!

Postby styngray » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:40 am

Thank you for the reply wenguin. I know the Altezza is not fully OBD2 compliant and so i do not expect to read all the trouble codes or live data. I just want to view whatever is available coz thats enough to run the engine if you know the Blacktop 3S well enough. I also know about the workaround and the custom initialization string needed to make Torque read the JOBD on the ECU. However if the snapshot u uploaded is from your own phone, and i assume you do own an altezza, then would u please be kind enough to tell me the procedure that you followed exactly. Also which bluetooth scanner are you using? Thanks once again =)

styngray
Noob!

Postby styngray » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:29 am

Bump!

Anyone willing to lend me some help here please?

wenguin
Trc On!

Postby wenguin » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:05 pm

i just plugged in an adapter i got from amazon, stuck the code in Torque's advanced settings and it connected. the standard rs200 altezza has the obd2 connector already wired.

can't help you with rewiring, not least because that whole area is a mess of wires

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”