Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Wiring headunit

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
lanigan
Midlands Rep

Wiring headunit

Postby lanigan » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:39 pm

I know there are lots of threads about this but i need to ask some questions i cant find answers to here
1. Is the plug in the amp the same as one of the socket on the standard toyota iso block converter?
2. Is the amp bolted to the side of the body behind the glove box? Had a quick look but didnt spend too long at it as in work.
3. Does anyone wanna write up instructions? I saw the picture in one of the threads but the back of my old head unit is different :evil: :evil:

nielsio
Noob!

Re: Wiring headunit

Postby nielsio » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:58 pm

lanigan wrote:I know there are lots of threads about this but i need to ask some questions i cant find answers to here
1. Is the plug in the amp the same as one of the socket on the standard toyota iso block converter?
2. Is the amp bolted to the side of the body behind the glove box? Had a quick look but didnt spend too long at it as in work.
3. Does anyone wanna write up instructions? I saw the picture in one of the threads but the back of my old head unit is different :evil: :evil:

To answer your questions:

1. No
2. Yes it is bolted, if you open up the glove box you can see the heatsink in a gray color to the side of the body.
3 No because it's not worth it. Yesterday I went to a local audio shop and had them install it. It's just not worth it to write it up since from what I've seen..... you can keep the original speakers but you will need to know how to re-wire to get the full sound out of the rears (think capacitors!) or just put in new speakers, new cables and do it good in one day.

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:10 pm

I've a day off tomorrow, will have to start at it early and hope for the best. I was hoping for an easy job but will have to wire it up from scratch so, I got an Autoleads face plate the other day in work and put it into the car as a mock up and may i just say it looks DISGUSTING! will have to invest in a Toyota panel when i get paid by the new job

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:34 pm

i can help you with it if needed. have the Toyota facia and amp bypass lead if your interested and can help you fit. i had lots of install photos but lost them when my laptop got robbed last year. u can grab the wire from me first thing if u want about 10am same place as b4

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:52 pm

Cheers Dan
PM Sent

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:36 pm

Fitted it today after getting the lead from Dan ( thanks for being patient :oops: ) Everything went grand apart from the fact that i broke the autoleads panel :evil: so a tube of super glue, and lots of bad language later it looked as good as it was going to and its in place now and hopefully the glue will hold for a while anyway.

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”