Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Quick question regarding stereo install

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
bhillasu
Noob!

Quick question regarding stereo install

Postby bhillasu » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:59 pm

Hello, im new to this forum but have been scouring many of the posts regarding stereo installation. This may be a dumb question but ill ask it anyway. Im trying to install a new deck to my 2001 toyota altezza that doesn't have the factory amp. Im having trouble figuring out how to wire the deck. Ive found this . Now assuming that i am on the right track im not sure how to connect the wiring harness that came with my aftermarket deck .

Would i then need another wiring harness to go from the one linked above to the one that came with the new deck? Or am i way off in trying to figure this out? If this is a dumb question then i do apologize, ive had experience with installs before but maybe im just missing something.

Thank you for any help you can give and im happy to finally be a member to the site!

banan1984
Altezza Guru

Re: Quick question regarding stereo install

Postby banan1984 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:43 pm

I have only recently install Alpine CDE-131r radio and didn't have build in amp as well. I got the harness (same as You find there on ebay) from Halfords and it worked just like that. The cable that comes with radio had the sockets as the harness adaptor, so everything matches perfect! Just had to connect together one red and one black cable (kind of silicone plugs) on the cable that comes with radio.
D700 / RS200

bhillasu
Noob!

Postby bhillasu » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:45 am

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. The head unit that i'm looking at is the Alpine IDA-x305s. The wiring harness that comes with that head unit is this . One end would connect into the HU but the other side isn't a connecter but just a bunch of wires, so i'm not sure how to connect the two. Again sorry for asking dumb questions but am i missing something? Or is it that because that HU is for the US that it wont have the proper wiring harness to attach to the one linked in my previous post?

Thank you again for all of the help!

banan1984
Altezza Guru

Postby banan1984 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:54 am

This is what's left after old radio:

Harness:

Radio cable end:

Harness second end and radio cable end:

You can see there at the back harness connected to car sockets on the right and on the left them silicone plugs connected together.

D700 / RS200

bhillasu
Noob!

Postby bhillasu » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:13 am

Thank you very much for all the help!!

jfatboy
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby jfatboy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:47 pm

if you go to amazon and type in is200/altezza stereo fascia you will find a kit with everything you need, cost me 20 quid and has everything i need to put anything from a double din to a standard stereo in including wiring harnesses.

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”