Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Footwell Lighting.

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
Boost_Boy
Noob!

Footwell Lighting.

Postby Boost_Boy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:23 am

I was wondering if the altezza (JDM version) came with footwell lighting. I did a search and found no results.

It's a personal thing but I Dislike How dark the interior of the vehicle is at night.

My car has been tampered with, ( not the original owner) (new owner as well) but i realized I already have a amp bypass connection along with a dre-load of other wiring behind my headunit/air con controls.

If there isn't a factory option, does anyone know a cheap alternative to achieving some footwell illumination? Also i'd like to wire them up with the dashbaord lights, as well as change all the lights to L.E.D's , e.g. the air con lights.

I'd really appreciate if someone can at least point me in the right direction.
P'm me and i'll get back to you as soon as i can.

beamsteza
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: Footwell Lighting.

Postby beamsteza » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:58 am

Iv footwell lights in my 98 altezza as standard but it is easy to wire up some if you go to your local scrappy and get some lights from the glove box x2 with the wiring make some brackets to hold them under dash you then can wire them to the door stitch its like a button that realises when door opens so when you open the door they will light up or you could splice them into the main interior light need to remove roof trim and pillar trim to run cable either side of dash then when you open doors and unlock they will work with main light

Boost_Boy
Noob!

Postby Boost_Boy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:03 am

I have a 98 tezzy as well.
I believe i may have wiring but it's either disconnected/ blown fuse (doubt the last one)
But that just means i Have to take it all apart and search!

beamsteza
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby beamsteza » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:18 am

Only way you will know is if you look underneath and see if there is bulb holders not all came with them but there maybe wiring if so check one for 12v the other should be a earth

murphman07
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby murphman07 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:07 am

I have neon tube lights in my footwells, held on with tie wraps for easy removal, i put a switch in just to the left of the steering wheel there is a blank for a switch. Then i wired the lights back to the cigarette lighter, this way I can turn them on and off depending what mood im in 8) . Also the guards in Kerry have said im not allowed have lights down in the footwel in the past so I just flick them off when coming up to checkpoints etc....Everyone is happy :mrgreen:
All factory extra's Garda, I swear!

Boost_Boy
Noob!

Postby Boost_Boy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:17 pm

Can you get some pics of how that's set up?
sounds simple and interesting.

murphman07
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby murphman07 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:47 pm

yeah no problem, it will be the weekend before I get to my car as I didnt bring it to college this week, in less I go home in the meantime, unlikely though.

Boost_Boy
Noob!

Postby Boost_Boy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:21 am

alright thanks, any particular reason you used neon tubes instead of led's?

murphman07
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby murphman07 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:35 pm

Boost_Boy wrote:alright thanks, any particular reason you used neon tubes instead of led's?

A buddy of mine gave them to me for free as he was selling his car :D , then I broke one so I've two different tubes now.... :|

Boost_Boy
Noob!

Postby Boost_Boy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Understood.
Well, I went out and purchased two of these
in White
and figured I could just wire it into my cig lighter assembly.

went and saw it was already tapped so i figured my next best bet would be to wire it into my already blown ash tray light

so I just spliced wired up, and mounted and now i have led lights that come on with my parking lights.

Jomo
Noob!

Postby Jomo » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Boost_Boy wrote:Understood.
Well, I went out and purchased two of these
in White
and figured I could just wire it into my cig lighter assembly.

went and saw it was already tapped so i figured my next best bet would be to wire it into my already blown ash tray light

so I just spliced wired up, and mounted and now i have led lights that come on with my parking lights.

Connect them to your ignition barrel so that they light up when you diss-arm the alarm, thats what i did.

Boost_Boy
Noob!

Postby Boost_Boy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:23 am

My current prestiege alarm system flashes the parking lights on engage and disengage. so the interior lights flash If i leave the switch on.

shiel92
Trc On!

Postby shiel92 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:06 pm

you can get them in halfords they plug into cigarette lighter or you could just wire them to a switch?

Boost_Boy
Noob!

Postby Boost_Boy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:48 am

Sorry For the late response!
But I did a work around, I noticed there was a dead bulb in my ash tray/under my ash tray so i moved the gear stick surround, and tapped the light source right there for two L.E.D. strips, and now the strips turn own with the vehicles headlights/parking lights. I also wired in a flip switch so that I could turn them on/ off at night if i wanted to.I used two Hyper white Led strips, and they give off a purple effect inside the car. I'm loving it and pics should be up soon.

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”