Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

GARGLING DASH??

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
r3volut1on
Trc On!

GARGLING DASH??

Postby r3volut1on » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:35 pm

Hi Guys,
Everytime i hop into my Tezza and start it up, i hear a gargling noise coming from behind the dash.. it goes away after a few seconds of the car running, but i'm convinced it must be something to do with the Air Conditioner, does anybody know anything about this sort of noise?? Its driving me mad!!

:shock:
Altezza RS200 Z-Edition 6-Speed Manual
Sunroof, Full DVD System, Heavy Sound...
Personalised Registration "R3VOLUT1ON"

Looking for Legana Front Bumper.....

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:35 pm

i think thats normal does it sound like water going through a pipe, if so thats just the water circulating through the aircon system, usually lasts only a few seconds and i don't even notice it anymore

FT2DFLR
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby FT2DFLR » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:30 am

yea i have the exact same noise was worried as well when i heard it but asked a mechanic mate of mine and he said it was the water pump for the air con

dots
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby dots » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:21 pm

i have the same problem. its your heater matrix its like a little rad behind your dash :) of a job to fix as you have to take out the dash,its a common problem in bmws, so let it gurggle., once it aint leakin your grand bein tryin to find out if theres a bleed valve, if i find it ill let you know
DOTS

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:55 pm

God I taught I was going mad heard the same noise the other night knocked off the engine I was waiting for my brother and heard this cracking/gargling noise kinda behind the heating/radio area. I turned off the heating thinking that it was that..... but I know I am not loosing the last few screws I have left :lol:

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”