Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Another Aftermarket radio harness ?

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
airforce1
Noob!

Another Aftermarket radio harness ?

Postby airforce1 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:04 pm

i just bought a double din pioneer and am having a really hard time finding the right wiring harness to hook it up with! i bought a 87&up iso harness which didnt work, i also bought the axxess tyto-01 which also wont work! the car has a factory 18 pin connector and i cant find anything to fit it! it has the super live sound system and i would prefer to not bypass the amp! do you guys know of anything else to try?? thank you!

Lewis Altezza
Trc Off

Re: Another Aftermarket radio harness ?

Postby Lewis Altezza » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:35 pm

You will have to bypass the amp, I have double din alpine and got a bypass lead, I unplugged the lead on the amp and plugged aftermarket lead In to run to headunit, it has the correct phasing etc so my alpine internal amp runs my super live sound just how Toyota intended, all the bass and treble is just as it was before with original HU but better!

airforce1
Noob!

Postby airforce1 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:53 pm

thank you! do you have a link or part number i could use?? im very anxious to get this put in lol

airforce1
Noob!

Postby airforce1 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:39 am

If I get the bypass lead is that all I need? Does it plug directly I to the new radio?

Lewis Altezza
Trc Off

Postby Lewis Altezza » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:32 pm

Take alook at item no.110960049509 think that's the one I have although he states for is200 but my lead looks similar, you basically unplug the plug on the amp and plug this into the plug and run it into your HU where you can plug your iso harness in.

Lewis Altezza
Trc Off

Postby Lewis Altezza » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:33 pm

You will need to confirm if that lead be ok for Altezza my friend sourced my lead I'll try and ask him where he got it. Check this link out it maybe of some help, I kept my amp as it will br nice to revert back to original HU doubt ill ever will but the options there .... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8280&start=0

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”