Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

seat replacment

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
tezzaian
Trc On!

seat replacment

Postby tezzaian » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:13 am

i just bought two evo 7 recaros to put in my 98 altezza, bolting and brackets are no problem.. the wires under the seat i was just wonderin what they done, think it bight be the seat belt tensioner, i have NCT on monday and dont want to risk airbag lights being on... if i disconnect the orignal seats and the light goes on, and i replace the seat with recaro, is there any chance when i reconnect orignal seat the light will go off and be back to standard with no problems??? really stuck thanks!!!!

GordonRS200
Trc Off

Re: seat replacment

Postby GordonRS200 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:00 pm

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11506 :?: :?:

Anyway, in answer to your question, It's likely that the Evo-7 seatbelt buckles are slightly different to the ones in the Altezza, and so your airbag ECU recognises that as a fault and shows the light. If you put your original seats back in the light should go off and you can get it through your NCT.

The original buckle unit simply unbolts from the Altezza seat, so you might be able to swap it over in place of the Evo-7 buckle (so use the 'Tez buckle on the Evo seat) which should solve your problem long term.

tezzaian
Trc On!

Re: seat replacment

Postby tezzaian » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:22 pm

fairplay to ya thats all i needed to know!!! thanks so much for helpin me and i will let you know how i get on with that thanks again!!!

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”