Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Jap satnav & ctr console satnav remote

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
AgtX
Trc Off

Jap satnav & ctr console satnav remote

Postby AgtX » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:38 pm

I have the popup satnav in the dash & the japanese remote in the center console both of which are of no use to me.

Are there any options for things that can go in their place?

Thanks.

ISred02
Altezza Guru

Re: Jap satnav & ctr console satnav remote

Postby ISred02 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:46 pm

Welcome,a lot of lads get rid of the sat/nav and put in a touch screen instead in the housing. http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ ... c=71145The sat/nav is pretty much redundant cos it's in Japanese so not much point trying to figure it out. I know someone used the housing as an additional holder which was pretty coolhttp://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/fo ... opic=70541
CF vortex generator,eurou eyelids,angle eyes with black headlights,17" gun grey gtr replica alloys,LEDs.
Mission: Supercharged!

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:58 am

Or just get rid and put the standard is200 tray in place

AgtX
Trc Off

Postby AgtX » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:05 pm

What about the jap remote thing, the satnat at least LOOKS like it could work & so is a bit cool but the remote control is funny looking & covered in Japanese writing, what is in its place when the car has no satnav?

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:09 pm

Either a tray rare or a storage box like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS200-9 ... 4ab0afbf3d

That's what I put in, am looking at doing something with satnav housing but thinking of just removing it

ESXTEZZ
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby ESXTEZZ » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:31 pm

AgtX wrote:I have the popup satnav in the dash & the japanese remote in the center console both of which are of no use to me.

Are there any options for things that can go in their place?

Thanks.

Il swap you for my non satnav setup if you want, i need a satnav dash top so that i can install my apexi hand controller screen into it :)

GordonRS200
Trc Off

Postby GordonRS200 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:48 pm

AgtX wrote:What about the jap remote thing, the satnat at least LOOKS like it could work & so is a bit cool but the remote control is funny looking & covered in Japanese writing, what is in its place when the car has no satnav?

Keep it. It's a cool little conversation starter and a good bit of it's JDM history.

I wish mine still had the Japnav and original stereo to go with my remote. I like stuff like that.

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”