Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Dash Lights

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
Tallon
Trc Off

Dash Lights

Postby Tallon » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:55 pm

Hey guys,

I need new dash lights, the ones that are in it at the moment are blue, but there's a few missing!

Can someone link me to where I can get some please

Don't know if I should buy the packs off ebay?

AccessDenied
Trc Off

Re: Dash Lights

Postby AccessDenied » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:04 pm

got the l.e.d. ones off ebay. will b sticking them in soon. will let u know how i get on...they come with a diagram of the back of the clocks so they seem pretty staight forward

Tallon
Trc Off

Postby Tallon » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:23 pm

AccessDenied wrote:got the l.e.d. ones off ebay. will b sticking them in soon. will let u know how i get on...they come with a diagram of the back of the clocks so they seem pretty staight forward

Cheers man, got a link?

AccessDenied
Trc Off

Postby AccessDenied » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:46 pm

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/BLUE-LED-DASH-KI ... 3ef0cf262f

packet of 6 bulbs. 5 for clocks and 1 for igntion ring. straight forwad swap for old bulbs. hard to go wrong. just make sure polarity is correct on all bulbs.

ryansss
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby ryansss » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:19 pm

you need the multiple smd type. think mine are 9 smd bulb and i get good light spread. single ones just lighted up small areas.

delboydub
Trc On!

Postby delboydub » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:52 pm

any chance you can stick a few pics up of when your doing this with the bulbs thinking of doing mine soon
i tired to do them in another car and it was a pain i had to solder stuff and iam not into doing that again

Tallon
Trc Off

Postby Tallon » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:07 pm

delboydub wrote:any chance you can stick a few pics up of when your doing this with the bulbs thinking of doing mine soon
i tired to do them in another car and it was a pain i had to solder stuff and iam not into doing that again

Will do mate, they're actually really easy to do, just plug straight into the back of the dash

Tallon
Trc Off

Postby Tallon » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:30 am

delboydub wrote:any chance you can stick a few pics up of when your doing this with the bulbs thinking of doing mine soon

Got them today, and fitted them there along with my DVD / GPS / iPhone head unit :)

Just take off the 3 dash screws, then the three main mounting screws, insert the LED's (Green circles) and put back together!

leemike401
Noob!

Postby leemike401 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:57 am

Hi, you all shared very nice views about the dash lights.
so here are some uses of dash lights.
Actually dash Lights are most Commonly known for their use in police cars, Ambulances and Fire trucks. In Emergency vehicles such as these, the lights are usually blue, red, white. They are used to notify nearby drivers of the need for road clearance, either in combination with a siren or in situations when sirens are not ideal. so may it's prove useful for any one....

wullie_trd
Altezza Guru

Postby wullie_trd » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:47 pm

leemike401 wrote:Hi, you all shared very nice views about the dash lights.
so here are some uses of dash lights.
Actually dash Lights are most Commonly known for their use in police cars, Ambulances and Fire trucks. In Emergency vehicles such as these, the lights are usually blue, red, white. They are used to notify nearby drivers of the need for road clearance, either in combination with a siren or in situations when sirens are not ideal. so may it's prove useful for any one....

Is this c*nt for real! :lol:

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:47 pm

spam!

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”