Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

weird sound from behind climate control

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
SilTezza
Altezza Guru

weird sound from behind climate control

Postby SilTezza » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:28 pm

hi i got this problem few days ago and it still exist.. everytime i turn my key on, a weird sound produce from the climate control or behind it.. its like a sound when you put a paper on running fan.. it happens for about 10-15 seconds and gone.. it only happen when i turn the key on and its annoying.. any idea?

jarocki
Altezza Guru

Re: weird sound from behind climate control

Postby jarocki » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:56 pm

i think its something to do with the coolant levels. top it up and see if it makes a difference

SilTezza
Altezza Guru

Postby SilTezza » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:01 am

jarocki wrote:i think its something to do with the coolant levels. top it up and see if it makes a difference

nope, nothing changes and my coolant levels just fine..

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:59 am

Have a search for "burping" your cooling system on here. That should sort it

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:47 am

Mine does it, although can't hear it if your not listening to it as the fan mechanism run's for few seconds

a2pen
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby a2pen » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:39 pm

Is common sloshing behind heater controls if so read this

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9333

SilTezza
Altezza Guru

Postby SilTezza » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:46 am

sorry mate, its not really behind the climate control unit.. after i checked again in the morning, i found it comes from the dashboard on the passenger side above the glove box.. i asked the mechanic and he said it is the black small fan with motor but we havent opened it yet.. again its annoying everytime i turn my key on, and its not for few second, its like 20-30 seconds.. and i done the step by step like turning the dial to the max and so on but it still exist..

SilTezza
Altezza Guru

Postby SilTezza » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:09 pm

i disconnected one of the socket behind the glove box and the sound gone but i cannot adjust the temperature control anymore..

a2pen
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby a2pen » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Forgot about that there's a motor to change hot and cold. Mine had that when I first got it, but mine had stopped working, a so called common problem. £120 from toyota less than 40 eBay,is200 are same.
Take it out hold it in your hand plugged in, cycle key,
It resets every time key on and off.
Report back your findings

SilTezza
Altezza Guru

Postby SilTezza » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:49 pm

a2pen wrote:Forgot about that there's a motor to change hot and cold. Mine had that when I first got it, but mine had stopped working, a so called common problem. £120 from toyota less than 40 eBay,is200 are same.
Take it out hold it in your hand plugged in, cycle key,
It resets every time key on and off.
Report back your findings

yeah it could be or it is might to be the heater flap actuactor motor.. is it the same from is200? checked the part number and it is not the same.. what is the part number from toyota mate?

SilTezza
Altezza Guru

Postby SilTezza » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:28 pm

just an update guys and lads.. got my replacement part few month back and just installed it yesterday.. everything sorted and fine now.. its the servo sub-assy part number 87106-30361.. cheers

choopz
Altezza Guru

Postby choopz » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:34 pm

I think mine is doing this also, what will happen if you just unplug this and leave it unplugged?
Mine does this when the car stood still for a couple of hours in the sun and it is hot inside and you start it.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

SilTezza
Altezza Guru

Postby SilTezza » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:32 pm

choopz wrote:I think mine is doing this also, what will happen if you just unplug this and leave it unplugged?
Mine does this when the car stood still for a couple of hours in the sun and it is hot inside and you start it.

a friend of mine unplugged it from his car and just doing fine, only the heater is not working and make sure unplugged the correct harness or your a/c will not work well.. i dont think you should change the whole part, what i found on my used one, i think its just the small motor inside it made sound and could be replace..

poTTa
Altezza Guru

Postby poTTa » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:54 pm

Guys,
I used to hear that gurgling sound in the dash...it's just air in the coolant lines rushing to get out. My mechanic bled the coolant system to remove all air bubbles but the problem returned shortly after. We then did some further checking and realised that there was a coolant leak by the "Water outlet" gasket. The gasket was gone!

Part 16341 in the diagram..........just below here

So we remade a gasket and also changed the thermostat which was also dead and no more coolant leaks.

I also did something else. I deleted the heater! I bought OEM plugs and removed the heater lines and now there is no gurgle at all.

I still hear a clicking winding sound in the dashboard usually after i use the Air Conditioning, but not so often. I find that if i adjust the air direction knob from face to feet and then back again the clicking sound stops.
2004 RS200 Z

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:44 am

Interesting, that gasket is only about €10 so I might check it out in the weekend. How hard is it to get to the thermostat? I've heard it's quite a mission.

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”