Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Screen into dash sat nav ?

For all your audio/visual & general interior needs, post here
hursty
Trc Off

Screen into dash sat nav ?

Postby hursty » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:36 pm

Hi has anyone put a screen ( dvd screen ) into their standard flip up sat nav ? If so i just wanna know if theres any agg with doing it?

Cheers

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Re: Screen into dash sat nav ?

Postby mike_01 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:20 pm

Something I'm planning on doing, egg's no like them scrambled and on plate not in dvd screen :lol: only turning the dvd player screen on unless has a remote, and making sure the wiring doesn't get in the way that's about it,
oh and getting the right size screen aswell :wink:

lackneramanda
Trc On!

Postby lackneramanda » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:29 am

mike_01 wrote:Something I'm planning on doing, egg's no like them scrambled and on plate not in dvd screen :lol: only turning the dvd player dash cap screen on unless has a remote, and making sure the wiring doesn't get in the way that's about it,
oh and getting the right size screen aswell :wink:

For those of you who have done a dash pad replacement, I have a question. I got my OER dash pad yesterday, and in the instruction sheet that came with it, it states to take off Dash Pad and Lower Plastics all in one peice. Is this the way you did it or can the lower plastic come off first? Which is eaiser?

todd
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby todd » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:11 pm

Can do what you like with the satnav screen, had a phone dock in there for my iphone, then put a 5" dell streak in it and now got a 7" satnav.

Next thing is an android tablet :)

Great fun :)

sprinter2012
Trc Off

Postby sprinter2012 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:07 am

Yee it's fairly easy to modify it. I put a 7" touchscreen for a car PC in mine, although I sold that and bought a 5" housing which I will probably just put a standard sat nav in.
IS200 Sport : F & R Tints : 6000K HIDs All Round : LED Side & Reverse : SMD Dash

18" Aero Wheels : TTE Rear Lip : Black Calipers w/White Decals

: Smoked indicators : Cusco Strut Brace : Bonnet Lifters : Legana Bumper : TRD Skirts

Return to “I.C.E & Interior section”